We have several ongoing projects that are funded through donations:
- We offer new parent packets to families that have received a diagnosis of Down syndrome whether prenatally or postnatally. These packets offer educational and inspirational information for new parents, as well as contact information for DSACK.
- We regularly speak to students from kindergarten through college about what it means to have Down syndrome. Offering facts vs. myths and letting them know that individuals with Down syndrome are accomplishing great things that were never thought possible.
- We host four DSACK social events each year for our families. These include a World Down Syndrome Day celebration, summer picnic, fall activity and Christmas luncheon.
- We provide information to medical professionals and educators regarding best practices when giving a diagnosis on Down syndrome and best practices for teaching students with Down syndrome.
- We offer a job skills program to prepare teens and adults to enter the work force and become productive members of their community. This project has been partly funded by a grant through Toyota Motor Manufacturing, and DSACK will fund a portion of the costs for this program through our Walk proceeds.
These are just a few examples of the way we reach out to our families, friends and community.